Embracing the New Normal:
We have embraced working from home and we don’t plan on going back to an office anytime soon. This means that we have to be disciplined, more communicative and work well in a team remotely.
Who is The Designerie?
A place where meaningful work and integrity is at the core of everything we do.
We build brands, we ask questions, we push boundaries, we collaborate and innovate.
Senior Graphic Designer - Remote
Who are we looking for?
A designer, specialising in FMCG packaging design and execution who will work with leading FMCG brands in the food and personal care sector. This person will be required to play a role in the creative conceptualising of original ideas and craft executions ready for the print process.
• You work well in a team, utilising tech to assist collaboration
• You are eager to learn and understand
• You have exceptional attention to detail
• You are passionate about design and the work you deliver
• You work well in a team but can work independently too
• You are innovative, creative and resilient
• You are efficient and organised
The Must Haves:
• Graphic Design Degree or similar qualification;
• 4 or more years in a design role
• Experience working in packaging design
• In-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles and layout techniques;
• Hands-on experience (Proficient) with image editing software, that is Photoshop, In-design and Adobe Illustrator.
• Have access to the Microsoft suite
• Understand the print process and setup
• Portfolio of completed design projects to be attached.
What’s the role?
Bringing the brief and concept to life based on the client’s needs and vision
• Keeping budget, time and production constraints in mind
• Preparing mockups and presenting design/concept
• Proofing artwork
• Working and collaborating with the team
• Adapting and rolling out approved concepts to various media, above and below the line
• Adhering to a client’s brand identity and guidelines
• Communicating with internal and external stakeholders about progress of projects and any issues that may arise.
• Working with external departments to extend concept and visuals to other internal and external marketing-related material.
• Making sure artwork is correct and supplied in the right format/sizes/colour codes before being sent to press and production facilities.
• Work on multiple briefs at the same time if required.